Barley, Mushroom & Leek Soup Recipe by Mariya Ivanova
This soup has a creamy, sweet texture due to the long cooking time and it gives light, uplifting energy. It perfectly fits our menu in the spring when a boost of energy is needed after the long, harsh winter.
1 hour 30 minutes cooking time
½ cup whole barley, soaked 4-6 hours
4–5 cups water
1 medium sweet onion, diced
1 small or ½ medium leek, sliced thin
1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, chopped
sea salt to taste
1/3cup dill, chopped
1. Soak barley, place in pot with the water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 45 min
2. Add mushrooms and cook for 20 minutes
3. Add onion, garlic and leek and cook for another 15 minutes
4. Add sea salt to taste and simmer for 10 more minutes
5. Add chopped dill and serve.